Console

Tuesday 14 September 2021

Logitech G435 Review

The latest game news from IGN - one of my fave channels ever - check it out

Logitech is known to offer an assortment of well-designed gaming peripherals, with wireless keyboards, gamepads, and various headsets – like the Logitech G Pro X, which ended up on our Best Gaming Headset list – that are usually praised by players the world over.

That was the expectation when I got my hands on the wireless Logitech G435. This colorful headset seemed poised to be another solid pair of cans; a midrange device that, despite not having the most robust suite of features, was decent enough to warrant a strong recommendation. The Logitech G435 doesn’t quite hit that mark. But for the most part, it gets the job done.

Logitech G435 – Design and Features

The Logitech G435 sports a modest design. Modeled like the company’s other G series headsets, it offers some of the same features – like soft memory foam cups, a lightweight frame, and adjustable ear cups in place of an adjustable headband. It uses Logitech’s Lightspeed wireless technology, offering a low-latency connection using a USB dongle. There’s also the option to connect to mobile devices via Bluetooth (more on that later).

In the sound department, the G435 sports 40mm drivers. Dual beamforming mics, located on the left cup, replace the typical removable mic. It all works as intended; the drivers allow for solid highs and lows, while the interior mics do an admirable job of picking up the wearer’s voice in noisy environments. The G435’s external functions are limited to a power button, volume toggle, and mute button, all housed above a USB-C charging port on the left ear cup. There isn’t much in the way of adjusting one’s sound beyond using your PC or console settings.

For the most part, Logitech’s latest headset sounds familiar enough. Unfortunately, the G435 differs when it comes to durability. While I’m reluctant to use the word “cheap” to describe it, the headset felt extremely fragile during play. So much so that I’m afraid that an ear cup will snap off if it were to fall from a moderate height. That said, I put it to the test, and the headset held up through repeated drops from my desk to the floor. I’m still concerned about long term use though. Having the ear cups move up and down is worrying as well. While I’m not a fan of that design in general, the G435’s is made worse by how thin the bar is that connects them to the headband. I made sure to move it as gingerly as possible, lest I accidently crack some inner working and ruin the sliding mechanism.

Logitech G435 – Performance

Despite its fragile frame, I enjoyed most of my time with Logitech’s G435. The sound quality was good, with gunfire and explosions well represented. My friends could always hear me when gaming, though the twin mics did leak in a little background noise here and there. The absence of any surround sound options didn’t ruin most experiences; while I wasn’t always able to pinpoint the direction of an approaching Xenomorph in Aliens: Fireteam Elite, the game was still somewhat immersive sound-wise.

All of the G435’s buttons worked as intended. I liked how it emits an alert to let you know when you’ve muted/unmuted yourself. On one charge I got roughly 18hrs of play. And when it comes to the G435’s 10-meter wireless range, forget about it. I walked all around my house (two floors up and down) and never lost connection.

Like I said, my overall experience was good. There were a few hiccups to make mention of though. While the G435 quickly registers its USB dongle when plugged into a PC and PS4, I couldn’t get the Bluetooth function to work with my phone. At least, at first. There isn’t a dedicated button to toggle this feature on and off, and the QR code offered on the box housing the USB dongle and cables led only to a ”404 Page Not Found” message on Logitech’s website. I couldn’t get it working until a rep at Logitech explained that I could hold the Power and Mute buttons for 3 seconds to pair the headset to other devices (and that the QR code/website will be updated once the G435 launches).

The other hiccup centered on comfort. The G435’s foam ear cups are soft enough, but the adjustability of the cups falters. Because they only move so much, I had to keep readjusting them to relieve the pressure they placed on my ears. The cups would slide up ever so slightly over the course of a match or two and I’d have to fiddle with them before returning to play. Obviously, your mileage will vary here, but I imagine that the cups would have more room to move if the plastic bars were larger. They seem to stop at a point, where going any further would make them more susceptible to brakes, either from wear and tear or from sudden drops.

Logitech’s G435 will retail for $79.99, making it a budget to midrange headset. While it won’t compete with wired headsets in that price range, considering a lot of them come with more features and modes of connectivity (like the Turtle Beach Recon 500), the G435 presents a decent offering in the wireless department.



from IGN Reviews https://ift.tt/3nwhKW0
This could be a real lead forward for personal gaming... Revolutionise gaming

No comments:

Post a Comment