Console

Tuesday 29 September 2015

Limitless: "Badge! Gun!" Review

The latest game news from IGN - one of my fave channels ever - check it out

Warning: Full spoilers from the episode follow.

Not to sound hyperbolic, but Limitless's second episode was easily my favorite episode of a new series I've watched this fall. Admittedly, I was a little hesitant after watching the pilot. I thought it was good, but a lot of the first hour felt like a retread of the movie to me, and the promise of case-of-the-week storylines didn't sound very inciting. So my expectations were low going into episode two, and I certainly didn't think I would like it as much as the first installment.

Thankfully, I was wrong! Not only was "Badge! Gun!" more enjoyable than the pilot, but it was actually kind of hilarious. While the premiere tapped mostly into the movie's action-drama sensibilities, this week's episode fully embraced the fun that comes along with being the smartest guy in the world. (It was almost Chuck-like in that respect, with plenty of upbeat musical cues to keep things light.) Part of that, I think, stems from the fact that Brian is more of a goofball than Eddie ever was. But also, Brian seems to have more of a conscience and a real drive to do good -- especially when it comes to his family -- which makes him easier to root for. Plus, Jake McDorman is just a funny dude. Some of his one-liners killed.

Continue reading…



from IGN Reviews http://ift.tt/1JBsEdT
This could be a real lead forward for personal gaming... Revolutionise gaming

No comments:

Post a Comment