Console

Thursday 18 August 2016

Metroid Prime: Federation Force Review

The latest game news from IGN - one of my fave channels ever - check it out

As far ideas for spin-off games go, Metroid Prime: Federation Force found an interesting angle that fits into Nintendo’s sci-fi adventure series in its squad of mech-pilot marines that deploy on missions to fight the scum of the universe. I can’t say I didn’t have a few good, fun co-op action moments during campaign mode, and Federation Force’s varied missions and settings kept me interested. But no matter what the objective, my squad’s momentum was hindered by a boring primary weapon and the scarcity of special ammo needed to shoot the cool guns. And playing alone – well, I don’t recommend it.

It’s true that Federation Force’s bobble-headed soldiers look absolutely weird, but elsewhere the art style is used effectively to create some diverse spaces for up to four players to run around in. The three visually distinct planets of Excelcion, Bion, and Talvania have sharply contrasting fire, ice, and industrial looks that are packed with lots of neat architecture which captures the feel of environments we’ve seen in console Metroid Prime games. Plus, with 3D enabled, the added depth perception made me feel like I was right behind the visor of one of those mechs.

Continue reading…



from IGN Reviews http://ift.tt/2bNz467
This could be a real lead forward for personal gaming... Revolutionise gaming

No comments:

Post a Comment