Console

Thursday 21 September 2017

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Review

The latest game news from IGN - one of my fave channels ever - check it out

Some rats won't listen to reason. Just the other day, I met one at the top of a flight of stairs who asked me if the zombie-like creatures crucified below us were any danger to him, and I assured him they most certainly were. But the punk got it in his little rodent brain that I was lying for my own gain, so he tried to charge past them to the wharf beyond… and got fried by lightning that the husks vomited from their mouths. Toldja, little guy. I'd always figured being able to talk to animals would open doors to deep wisdom, but if similar interactions in Divinity: Original Sin 2 prove anything, they're just as foolish as we are.

Moments like these are a big part of the reason why I love Larian Studios' new adventure so much. It's one of the finest RPGs of any variety in years, especially if you're a fan of the old turn-based, isometric Baldur's Gate model that defined the genre in the early '90s. But inspired imitation isn't the chief goal here, as in the somewhat similar (and also excellent) Pillars of Eternity from Obsidian. Divinity: Original Sin 2 is a masterwork that radiates excellence in every aspect, whether we're talking about its broad commitment to character choice and rewarding combat or the little interactions, like my chat with the rat, that make its fantasy world feel both properly "fantastic" and believable.

Continue reading…



from IGN Reviews http://ift.tt/2jPuLuy
This could be a real lead forward for personal gaming... Revolutionise gaming

No comments:

Post a Comment