Console

Wednesday 27 September 2017

SNES Classic Edition Review

The latest game news from IGN - one of my fave channels ever - check it out

Booting up Donkey Kong Country on the Super NES Classic instantly threw me back to playing the platformer for the first time, and I found myself, though I knew where every hidden “KONG” letter was, having just as much fun as I did years ago. That was true of not just Donkey Kong Country in my time with the Super NES Classic, but of the vast majority of the system’s 21 games from the ‘90s. There are easier and cheaper ways to play some of the greatest games of the 16-bit era, but none that feels so authentically right as Nintendo’s new adorable, nostalgic console.

Nintendo has opted for quality over quantity with the SNES Classic’s library, which bundles just 21 games compared to the NES Classic’s 30. Most are amazing to play even today: a dozen genre- or franchise-defining headliners, including a handful of lengthy and still engaging RPGs represent hundreds of hours worth of some of the finest games of the 16-bit era.

Continue reading…



from IGN Reviews http://ift.tt/2ythI4v
This could be a real lead forward for personal gaming... Revolutionise gaming

No comments:

Post a Comment