Console

Wednesday 27 September 2017

Star Fox 2 Review

The latest game news from IGN - one of my fave channels ever - check it out

I was mesmerized by the pastel polygons of Star Fox 2. While abstract ships swirled in a stop-motion dance in front of me, I kept thinking this was one of the most beautiful games I’ve played all year. But where I saw art, others who stopped by to check out Star Fox 2 just saw a blur of awkwardly rotating triangles at about 10 frames a second. Setting aside my appreciation for game history and nostalgia, Star Fox 2 is kind of a hot mess.

Star Fox 2’s primitive 3D is so jarringly bad that Nintendo actually canceled it in 1995 before it came out because it didn’t look good alongside the groundbreaking 3D of the Nintendo 64. Its space battles, assembled from a handful of untextured polygons, barely run on the SNES hardware, or even on its new, exclusive home in the SNES Classic Edition. (Read our full SNES Classic Edition review.) But if you can stomach the terrible frame rate, it is playable – enough that I could beat it on Hard. Sometimes, it’s even enjoyable.

Continue reading…



from IGN Reviews http://ift.tt/2xA5urN
This could be a real lead forward for personal gaming... Revolutionise gaming

No comments:

Post a Comment