Console

Friday 30 March 2018

The C64 Mini Review

The latest game news from IGN - one of my fave channels ever - check it out

While not having had nearly the same kind of impact on the ‘80s as the Nintendo Entertainment System, the Commodore 64 was nonetheless the 8-bit entry point to gaming for millions of players, myself included. My earliest gaming memories are of winding through demo cassettes that came Scotch-taped to the covers of British gaming magazines with names like Zzap, Crash, and various other mastheads seemingly inspired by a fight scene from Adam West’s Batman. Or using a tiny jeweller’s screwdriver to fiddle with the tape drive heads only for a game to load for five agonising minutes and then fail, forcing me to rewind, adjust the heads a half turn to the left and try again. Or typing lines of POKEs at the command prompt in order to cheat my way to infinite lives, and giggling at the word ‘POKE’ because I wasn’t yet in high school and anything vaguely sexual was hilarious.

Continue reading…



from IGN Reviews https://ift.tt/2GVEnMu
This could be a real lead forward for personal gaming... Revolutionise gaming

No comments:

Post a Comment