Console

Wednesday 22 November 2017

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR Review

The latest game news from IGN - one of my fave channels ever - check it out

When VR headsets became a reality, I made a list of games I wanted to experience from that perspective. It was primarily games with fantastic worlds – games like BioShock, Half-Life 2, and, naturally The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Since then it’s become clear that adapting conventional first-person games to VR wouldn’t be easy, and Bethesda’s Skyrim VR is an example of how many of those challenges remain unsolved. It’s definitely great virtual tourism in a familiar land of dragons and magic, but this perspective doesn’t do the famously clumsy combat any favors.

I never really appreciated the size and scale of Skyrim until I was standing on the Throat of the World, or seeing a dragon up close. Creatures looking big on screen because is one thing; towering over you is another. I don’t have a particular hangup about spiders, but seeing the huge Frost Spiders in the early dungeons come at me sent chills down my spine. It's an absolute joy to see this world from this perspective for anyone who's spent a lot of time here.

Continue reading…



from IGN Reviews http://ift.tt/2iGzYSC
This could be a real lead forward for personal gaming... Revolutionise gaming

No comments:

Post a Comment