Console

Monday 20 November 2017

The Sims 4 Xbox One and PlayStation 4 Review

The latest game news from IGN - one of my fave channels ever - check it out

After struggling to get the cursor to select the “Save” button in the foreground menu instead of toggling between my Sim’s aspirations menu in the background, I somehow finagled a way to save my progress. It was tense for a moment there: I nearly lost a few in-game days of hard work. That is just one of the many small but constantly aggravating issues I had with The Sims 4 on Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Even so, I did stay up embarrassingly late playing on a few occasions because building and guiding my Sims’ lives is still fun.

The Sims 4 first launched on PC in 2014 (read our Sims 4 PC review), and the transition from mouse and keyboard to a controller for the console version comes with expected challenges when condensing all the functions into so few buttons. Original developer Maxis and console port developer Blind Squirrel Games make an admirable attempt by using the View button/touchpad to toggle between two sets of controls: the menus that border the Sim world are one set, and all in-world actions are done with the other set with a cursor. It takes awhile to get used to navigating the menus, but pressing the left thumbstick for a quick control guide reference made learning them a bit easier. I would have appreciated a way to change the speed of the cursor, though.

Continue reading…



from IGN Reviews http://ift.tt/2mKNfhw
This could be a real lead forward for personal gaming... Revolutionise gaming

No comments:

Post a Comment