Console

Thursday 16 March 2017

Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns 3DS Review

The latest game news from IGN - one of my fave channels ever - check it out

Telling you to clean manure with a pitchfork and making it fun is the mark of a well-crafted fantasy farm simulator, and Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns makes scooping poop and dozens of other unpleasant-sounding tasks into a fun way to unwind. Trio of Towns works because it keeps its daily chores from becoming too repetitive. There are a few bumps on the road to market, but overall, Trio of Towns is an old-school farming simulator in the school of Harvest Moon honed to a razor-sharp edge, with gorgeous graphics, adorable characters, and a rewardingly timed drip of new activities and areas to unlock and explore.

Farm life is repetitive and routine, but in a way I found comforting. Each morning I woke up, filled my watering can, and tended each of my varied crops. After watering and fertilizing, I visited my livestock, feeding, brushing, collecting eggs, and cleaning up as needed. Most of these tasks are a simple one-button click, with cute sounds and animations. Not every chore needs to be done every day, so finding a huge pile of crap in your barn every few days is enough to break up a process that could grow repetitive otherwise. Once my chores were complete, I'd head into town to chat with the locals. Crop maturation and harvesting, plus the randomness of cleaning out barns that would periodically become dirty broke up the predictability of my morning routine, as did rainy days.

Continue reading…



from IGN Reviews http://ift.tt/2mzjawJ
This could be a real lead forward for personal gaming... Revolutionise gaming

No comments:

Post a Comment