Console

Monday 5 December 2016

The Last Guardian Review

The latest game news from IGN - one of my fave channels ever - check it out

The Last Guardian has the highest highs and lowest lows of nearly any game I’ve ever reviewed. When it works, the bond I forged with my furry and feathered friend Trico is unlike any other. Part playful companion, part protector, navigating Team Ico’s gorgeous, melancholy world alongside this birddog is something I will never forget. But between those moments, The Last Guardian is a mess of wonky controls, a poor camera, and some annoyingly finicky puzzles.

Director Fumito Ueda’s spiritual successor to Ico (review) and Shadow of the Colossus (review) touches on many of the same themes -- isolation, companionship, and sacrifice. Like in its predecessors, The Last Guardian throws you into a mysterious world with a story open to interpretation and built mostly on symbolism. I was constantly driven to continue pushing forward throughout the 12-hour journey, and I’m happy to say that the payoff of the final 90 minutes made the whole thing worth it. But the heart of The Last Guardian is the bond between the nameless boy and the unusual giant hybrid animal Trico, who has more life and personality than nearly any other A.I. companion I’ve ever seen in a game.

Continue reading…



from IGN Reviews http://ift.tt/2gYj4wR
This could be a real lead forward for personal gaming... Revolutionise gaming

No comments:

Post a Comment