Console

Friday 14 October 2016

EVE Valkyrie Review

The latest game news from IGN - one of my fave channels ever - check it out

EVE Valkyrie is a great example of how a traditional game genre can be made much better when it’s designed to be played in virtual reality. And I’m not just talking about immersion. I’m talking about being able to turn your head to track an enemy ship as it zips overhead and aim a weapon with your face. It’s a whole new level of dogfighting, and it makes Valkyrie’s grindy progression worth sitting through.

When you join the multiplayer queue you’ll cycle through standard team-deathmatch furballs and two point-capture modes. They’re all good – eight-on-eight space battles are usually thrilling, look great, and the mechanics are simple enough to pick up and enjoy very quickly. But the most exciting one is Carrier Assault, where you knock down the enemy flagship’s shields by capturing points and then attack it directly. This two-phase objective created some of the best battle moments I’ve had, between dodging enemy fire as I strafe their capital ship’s weak points and picking off attackers who’re too focused on attacking my carrier to notice I’m right behind them and have them in my sights.

Continue reading…



from IGN Reviews http://ift.tt/2e58aEr
This could be a real lead forward for personal gaming... Revolutionise gaming

No comments:

Post a Comment