Console

Tuesday 25 October 2016

Rigs: Mechanized Combat League Review

The latest game news from IGN - one of my fave channels ever - check it out

Rigs: Mechanized Combat League delivers the exciting promise of big mech suits playing sports despite some stiff animations and rough visuals. The immersion can be a little too intense for some, but Rigs still manages to use VR in a smart way - making aiming and movement in its multi-tiered maps feel fluid. Ultimately, it successfully made me feel like a superstar cyber athlete even though I was sitting on the couch the whole time. But if you want to play competitively in online matches against other humans, the slow matchmaking and long load times might erode your interest.

Simple controls make Rigs easy to pick up and play. The Dualshock handles most of the mech’s movements and is a comfortable way for FPS veterans to jump, strafe, and start shooting their way through skirmishes. The only major adjustment you have to come to terms with is the PlayStation VR headset, which defaults to using your head like a right analog stick for looking and aiming. Rigs gives you the option to switch, and I preferred turning using the right stick since using my head to control the direction I was moving didn’t feel natural at first. Even with the modified setup, I often felt the edges of the cockpit UI were in my way when I lined up some of my shots.

Continue reading…



from IGN Reviews http://ift.tt/2esBW7Q
This could be a real lead forward for personal gaming... Revolutionise gaming

No comments:

Post a Comment